Submit a Best Practice
To submit a Best Practice to Green Cities California for posting to our website, please use the format below to describe your Best Practice and submit it with the policy document (ordinance, resolution, executive order) and the staff report for this Best Practice.
- Title of Best Practice
- Submitting Jurisdiction
Clearly define the problem being addressed and the intended goal of the program in 1-2 sentences.
Summarize anticipated or actual program achievements and state whether goals have been met. Please include appropriate metrics and statistics.
- Background and Summary
Please include information that makes this best practice unique and exceptional.
(Please use sub-headers below for lengthy summaries)
- Public Outreach & Education
- Public Support & Opposition
- Issues & Barriers
- Legal Issues
- Fiscal Impacts
Please share program budget information, staff requirements, costs to ratepayers and sources of funding.
Please include relevant attachments that could be of use to other jurisdictions that may wish to use your Best Practice as a model. At a minimum, a Best Practice must include:
- Policy document(s) (e.g. the ordinance, resolution or executive order)
- Staff report(s)
- The completion and submittal of this form
Other desirable resources (Please be aware that .doc and .pdf files are preferred, as links have a tendency to expire):
- Both the .doc and .pdf format of the policy document
- Press releases
- FAQ or outreach documents
- Any other helpful links or resources
- Contact Information (for follow up)
Send Best Practices and accompanying attachments to Kate Danaher.
Last updated May 9, 2012
GCC policies have resulted in...
- Conversion of over 665 million sheets of paper to 100% recycled content each year, which saves:
- 10 million pounds of carbon dioxide emissions
- Almost 80,000 trees
- More than 23 million gallons of water
- More than 6,600 barrels of oil
- 1,633,302 plastic water bottles from being landfilled, which saves:
- GCC member cities over